Friday, October 01, 2010

My Italy Trip 2011 Palette


26-09-10c
Originally uploaded by Anita Davies

Here it is...my new plastic palette by Compact.

It is very lightweight, only around 5"x3" and I ordered the one with large pans so I could choose if I wanted a large or small pan of my colours. The large empty pans I ordered were too big for this box so I squeezed the paint directly into the well for Burnt Sienna and UB.
The large mixing wells give planty of room to work comfortably and the thumb hole is actually quite useful when I am trying to stand and paint as I am able to hold the palette and secure my sketchbook against my body with the same hand.
I am very pleased with it.

I would like to report that filling these little pans with tube paint was very easy but if you had seen the state of me on more than one occasion through this task you would know I was lying! LOL!

I am pleased with my colour choices...I did add Naples Yellow next to the Buff Titanium afterall...not sure how much I'll need it but I felt sorry for it being named as such and having to stay in the UK while it's friends went along on my dream tour!

2 comments:

The Art of Scott L Hendrie said...

Anita,

You have brought your paints to life giving them feelings that
come to life when they travel with you and even more so when they touch your paper.

Scott

Anita Davies said...

Oh I like the thought of that Scott